corner corner New Country Color: The Art of Living (Decor Best-Sellers)

Journal Entry 1 by wingCordelia-annewing from Someplace, Georgia USA on Thursday, May 17, 2018

I found this happy book at the Goodwill. I love color and am enjoying the strategies and observations of Susan Sargent, master weaver. Her energetic use of bright hues is inspiring.

Journal Entry 2 by wingCordelia-annewing at Someplace, Georgia USA on Monday, June 04, 2018

Sargent is a very amiable hostess. I felt she invited me into her life and rooms, which are all decorated so creatively. She made me want to move out to the country and restore an old house. Her pages showing the Grover Farmhouse, a property she renovated, were perhaps my favorite. Sargent references some of my design heros for inspiration--William Morris, Vanessa Bell and the Bloomsbury artists of Charleston. Bright, bold designs from Armi Ratia and Marimekko that were everywhere in the 1960s and 70s are presented as one of her inspirations. It was interesting to know the origins of those designs. Immersing myself in these visions of color was refreshing.

The book label features my photo of Georgia artist Steffen Thomas' TRILON, which is at an intersection of Peachtree and 15th Streets near the High Museum and Colony Square in Atlanta. A native of Fürth, Germany, Thomas was of Welch and German ancestry. He first made his home here in Georgia back in the 1930s and married Sara Douglass, a Southern lady from a prominent Atlanta family, in 1933. Sara became his lifelong muse. They raised four children in Stone Mountain, Georgia, near his studio. Trilon honors the Southern Woman.

Journal Entry 3 by wingCordelia-annewing at Danville, Virginia USA on Wednesday, June 06, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (6/6/2018 UTC) at Danville, Virginia USA

This lovely book prompted me to remember a bookcrosser who'd probabaly enjoy it and a bookcrossing intention that might make its way with it.

Journal Entry 4 by Megi53 at Danville, Virginia USA on Wednesday, June 20, 2018

This is just what I needed right now! The furniture and art in all the photos looks both beautiful and comfortable/comforting.

Thank you, thank you.