corner corner The Big Good Wolf

The Big Good Wolf
by arkas / αρκάς | Humor
Registered by wingDelphi_Readerwing of Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on 5/2/2018

status (set by estelle1806): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingDelphi_Readerwing from Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Wednesday, May 02, 2018

This book starts its journey with BookCrossing from Delphi, Greece
___________________________________________________________________________

"Can a wolf fall in love with a sheep? Could he, where other wolves see a tasty meal, see his other half? Could he turn vegetarian for the sake of love? Or lie awake at night, singing songs about his sheepheart? Could he fearlessly face the sheepdogs, no matter how badly they beat him?
This wolf can, and he's not a Big Mad Wolf. He is a Wool-Wooing Wolf who sees the good side of everybody. He insists that the world will one day be a better place. He is the Big Bad Wolf turned good!

A book of true love, heroism, friendship and... stalking."

~~~~~~To the person who found this book:~~~~~~

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. Drop a few lines on where and how you found this book and what you thought of it. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, I encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold.

This book is now yours, and you can keep it if you choose, although I would love you to read and then share it. You can pass it on someone you know or release it once again in the wild, leaving it on a park bench, a phone booth, a hostel lobby...wherever you think it's suitable for the book to continue it's journey. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it.

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 2 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Thursday, May 24, 2018

Αρκάς (Arkas) is a Greek comics artist who published his first work sometime on the early '80s and he has produced tons of great comic strips since then, starring interesting characters in interesting settings. Among many others, there are innocent Lifers,Good Wolfs who are in desparate love with a sheep, Video game characters, Sharks, Sparrows, Prophets, Charon/Death him self, all featuring in diverse places, from Paradise to Hell, from Post-Apocalyptic destroyed worlds to the Deep Ocean and various other themes and settings!

Arkas' comics have a unique style, combining humor, sarcasm and sometimes deep philosophical questions. Often, but not always, the stories involve two main characters: One is the rational, sceptical and questioning figure, while the other is a rude, vulgar or just empty-headed character who has most of the funny punchlines.

Since publishing his very first work, the Rooster, Arkas became immediately very popular. Every new work he publishes becomes a hit while he has been translated into other languages and has become quite known outside Greece. Translations of his books can be found in English, French, German, Romanian, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Bulgarian, Polish and Serbian. He certainly is a very well-known figure in Greece and beyond. Or...is he?

Here is an other interesting fact about Arkas: No one knows who Arkas is. Is he really a guy? Maybe a team of different artists? A woman? Arkas has been quoted to believe that the artist should be known through his work, not through personal promotion. A mystery has been created around his identity and his real name still remains unknown while there is lots of speculation about who he may be. Taking into consideration that his work is super popular for the last 30 years or so, this is quite impressive.

Arkas in Greek means Arcadian or someone from the province of Arcadia. However, the CamelCase style in which his name is written suggests that Arkas may be only his initials. Years ago, the Greek newspaper Kathimerini mentioned in a small article that Arkas' name is Antonis Evdemon. According to rumors, he is a psychiatrist, possibly a university professor. Still no one knows for sure.

One might learn a bit more about his work by checking www.arkas.gr

Different people have a different sense of humor and of course sometimes there are cultural or other barriers when reading a comic book in translation, but I think Arkas really worths a try, that's why I register this book here in Book Crossing. I'd love to read opinions of the future readers on this.

Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 3 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at By mail, a surprise RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, June 01, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (6/1/2018 UTC) at By mail, a surprise RABCK -- Controlled Releases

The Big Good Wolf got itchy feet and is now traveling to one country where there is no shortage of sheeps. But I'm sure he'll keep dreaming of his One Sheepette non-the less....

I hope you enjoy this little funny book!

Good Luck!

Journal Entry 4 by wingestelle1806wing at Clonsilla, Co. Dublin Ireland on Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Thank you for this comic book, as you know I like to read any type of books... I have started it already and it is indeed quite funny :-D
I will certainly share it around my neighbourhood, as I am in the process of setting up a Little Free Library in my front garden!

Journal Entry 5 by wingestelle1806wing at Clonsilla, Co. Dublin Ireland on Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Quite funny at times and some irony I liked, too.

Journal Entry 6 by wingestelle1806wing at OBCZLittleFreeLibrary#64045 in Clonsilla, Co. Dublin Ireland on Saturday, July 14, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (7/14/2018 UTC) at OBCZLittleFreeLibrary#64045 in Clonsilla, Co. Dublin Ireland

Please let us know when you release it again...