corner corner Beastly BookBox

Beastly BookBox
by Plum-crazy | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 5/1/2018

status (set by mysteriousmummy): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 01, 2018

There's only two rules for a books eligibility into this "Beastly Bookbox":

Firstly, the title must include a creature of any description. It MUST be the actual name of the creature not the general type, so dog, salmon, eagle or bee would be okay but NOT animal, fish, bird or insect.

For example...."The LION, the Witch & the Wardrobe" - yes!
"My Family & Other ANIMALS" - no!
Hope that makes sense :o)

Secondly, real creatures only....no dragons, unicorns etc

My usual "rules" apply:

1. There must be a minimum of 5 books in it. You can take out up to 4 books & please send on one for each one you remove.. Feel free to add extra as long as....

2....the package weighs under 2KG. This is is just to keep costs down. (Postage is currently at £2.95 second class for up to 2KG)

3 Please journal the date the bookbox is received (BCID will be in the box - please leave for next person!) & sent on & of course, journal any books you remove.

4 As a courtesy to other readers please only put in books that are in a decent condition.

5 Fiction only please.... any genre you like but please try & mix them to give others a choice.

Aiming to send out mid-May.

brunton11

On Green DOLPHIN Street - Sebastian Faulks
The TROUTbeck Testimony - Rebecca Tope
CUCKOO - Julia Crouch
OX Tales: Earth - various

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at to another bookcrosser, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (5/21/2018 UTC) at to another bookcrosser, By Post -- Controlled Releases

On its way to brunton11 😀

Journal Entry 3 by wingbrunton11wing at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Arrived safely today - What a fab box!

I’m taking out:

> The Elegance of the Hedgehog
> Cuckoo

and replacing them with:

> The Dogs of Riga by Henning Mankell
> The Cows by Dawn O’Porter

Will post on once I have 3vie’s address.

Edited: Posted 23/05/18

Journal Entry 4 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Friday, May 25, 2018

The box has arrived! I will make my choices and send it on to Yorkshire-lass asap

Journal Entry 5 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Friday, June 01, 2018

Released 3 wks ago (6/1/2018 UTC) at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

I have chosen

The MOTH Diaries and Cat among the Herrings

and I'm replacing them with

The Chocolate FROG Frame up - Joanna Carl
The BEEkeepers Apprentice - Laurie R. King

Journal Entry 6 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, June 07, 2018

The box is now with me, I will try to get it on its way again asap.

Journal Entry 7 by mysteriousmummy at Shefford, Bedfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, June 21, 2018

Received safely just looking for a suitable replacement and waiting for payday to post!