corner corner Breaking the Ice

Breaking the Ice
by Gail Nall | Teens
Registered by Aisling78 of Essex, Massachusetts USA on 4/24/2018

status (set by Aisling78): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Aisling78 from Essex, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, April 24, 2018

This middle grade book was written by my cousin, Gail Nall, and generously donated by her for release in the Belcher Street Little Free Library.

Book summary:
Blurb: Kaitlin has always dreamed of being a champion figure skater, and she’s given up a lot to pursue her passion. But after having a totally uncharacteristic and decidedly NOT figure-skating-approved tantrum after getting her scores at a major competition she’s dropped by her coach and prestigious skating club.

When no other club in town will have her, she's forced to join the ridiculed and rundown Fallton Club, jokingly referred to as the Fall Down Club. At first Kaitlin thinks this is a complete disaster, but after meeting some of the other skaters, including a boy (who happens to have the most perfect hair she’s ever seen) Kaitlin thinks it might actually not be so bad.

But when she’s tasked with learning a whole new program right before Regionals and figures out that almost all the other skaters target Fallton, she thinks joining the Fall Down Club may just be the second biggest mistake she’s ever made.

In this figure skating themed debut, Kaitlin learns that when you fall down, you have to pick yourself up – even if it’s in front of judges and a crowd

Journal Entry 2 by Aisling78 at Belcher Street Little Free Library in Essex, Massachusetts USA on Friday, May 25, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (5/25/2018 UTC) at Belcher Street Little Free Library in Essex, Massachusetts USA

This book was released in the Little Free Library on Belcher Street in Essex, MA.

Welcome to the Belcher Street Little Free Library! Please borrow a book; that’s what they are here for. There is no need to return the same book, but feel free to replace it sometime with a book (or several) that you’d like to share. We hope to keep this Little Free Library stocked with a steady - but ever changing - supply of books for all ages and reading appetites.

We'd love it if you would let us know what you thought of this book by leaving a journal entry or sending us a message on our Facebook page, and if you choose to log in your find on Bookcrossing.com, we would be able to follow this book’s journey even after it's left your hands.

Happy Reading!