corner corner Girl with a Pearl Earring

Girl with a Pearl Earring
by Tracy Chevalier | Other
Registered by Widget-1 of Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on 4/14/2018

status (set by AnonymousFinder): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Widget-1 from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Saturday, April 14, 2018

This has been on my personal bookshelf for quite some time...needs to move to a new reader.
From the back cover:
As historical fiction,The Girl with a Pearl Earring convinces,honed by hindsight it dazzles.Chevalier brings an impressive combination of passion,outrage and perception to a novel which.is beautiful and brutal.. (The Irish Times).
I enjoyed this book a lot...historical fiction is one of the genres that I like and this one was spot on.

Journal Entry 2 by Widget-1 at Woodgate Nursery in Aylsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (4/17/2018 UTC) at Woodgate Nursery in Aylsham, Norfolk United Kingdom

I left this book on the blue and cream coloured seat outside the shop.
Today..1st May 2018 I found this book still sitting on the seat where I left it 2 weeks ago..I have moved it to a new location in Aylsham, on the seat next to the town sign...opposite the funeral directors and Barclays Bank.
To theFinder:
Well done! You have found a travelling .book.Please journal your find here.When you have read it do come back and report what you thought of the book. ...then release it,either back into the wild for a stranger to find or give it to somebody you know (controlled release). Don't forget to make a release note to say where you intend to leave it. Many Thanks.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Aylsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 01, 2018

This is the first book I have found although I have heard of this scheme. I was quite excited! I read this book some years ago but I may now read it again. I am a big fan of Tracy Chevalier.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Friday, August 24, 2018

My first ever book on this scheme. Looking forward to reading it. It comes highly recommended.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Brundall, Norfolk United Kingdom on Friday, August 24, 2018

Read tis book just before a visit to the Netherlands. Made visiting Delft a lot more interesting.