corner corner The Revised Catechism

The Revised Catechism
by Author unknown | Religion & Spirituality
Registered by Forager of Cheltenham, Gloucestershire United Kingdom on 4/7/2018

status (set by Forager): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Forager from Cheltenham, Gloucestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 07, 2018

It's fairly common to hear (as a criticism) that the Church of England doesn't really have any strong beliefs. This booklet sets that record straight. What is true is that the CofE doesn't require any particular belief. What you believe or not is up to you, and I like the way that there is some debate and a sense of being treated like a grown up. Where I don't like the 'catechism' approach is that it sets up a sort of Q&A situation that is misleading, since the questions have been written by the same person who is presenting the answers. I strongly believe that, whatever our own beliefs are, what is really missing most of the time is listening rather than explanation. The answers are there if you are looking for answers, but when was the last time you were really listened to?

Journal Entry 2 by Forager at St Mark Church in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (6/3/2018 UTC) at St Mark Church in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire United Kingdom

Check the lending library near the South entrance.