corner corner The Hanging Garden

The Hanging Garden
by Ian Rankin | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingpippiswing of Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on 4/4/2018

status (set by Tarya): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingpippiswing from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, April 04, 2018

DI Rebus is buried under a pile of paperwork but an escalating dispute between the upstart Tommy Telford and Big Ger Cafferty’s gang gives Rebus an escape clause.

Telford is known to have close links with a Chechen gangster bringing refugees into Britain as prostitutes. When Rebus takes a distraught Bosnian call girl under his wing, it gives him a personal reason to make sure Telford goes back to Paisley and pronto.

Then Rebus’s daughter is the victim of an all-too professional hit-and-run and Rebus knows that there is now nothing he won’t do to bring down prime suspect Tommy Telford – even if it means cutting a deal with the devil.

***
Absolutely one of the best Rebus' I've read! Amazing web of events and characters in a vividly living Edinburgh.

Journal Entry 2 by wingpippiswing at Miitti / Meet-up in Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Friday, May 18, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (5/19/2018 UTC) at Miitti / Meet-up in Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

You couldn't get a better book for summer even if you searched the whole pile at the table! Don't be shy, grab it while you can!

Journal Entry 3 by wingTaryawing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, May 20, 2018

I took this Rankin's book from yesterday's recycling meet-up in Turku. I thought I'd send it to Chania but she has already read it in Finnish (Riippuva puutarha) so let's see where I'll find another reader ;) Thanks for the book and the fun meet-up!

Journal Entry 4 by wingTaryawing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Released 4 wks ago (5/23/2018 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Tarjolle huomiseen Factory-miittiin. Lukuiloa kirjan nappaajalle!

I'll take The Hanging Garden to tomorrow's BC meet-up at Factory. Enjoy reading!

Journal Entry 5 by wingTaryawing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Tälle ei löytynyt tänään lukijaa, palautus SAA-hyllyyn ;)