corner corner Maia

Maia
by Richard Adams | Literature & Fiction
Registered by winglauraloo29wing of Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 28, 2004

status (set by lostbookisland): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 28, 2004

The Beklan Empire - rising from the mists of time before the dawn of history. It is a land of myth and magic, of riches beyond imaging, of decadent lords indulging their every whim, of slaves tho dare to dream of freedom. It is a land where malevolent magic and marvelous deeds work side by side and are as real as lust and love..... It is here that the fabulous Maia is brought and sold into slavery, an innocent young peasant girl, beautiful beyond belief and gifted with a rare talent that will open to her all the strongholds of Beklan power. For Maia, mistress of illusion and of all the arts of love, has a destiny to fulfill - a destiny that despite the awful odds can make her queen of the Empire....

Journal Entry 2 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Monday, May 10, 2004

I plan to send this out as a Bookray. When you receive the book, please make a journal entry letting us know you have it. When you are done, please journal again with your thoughts on the book. Contact the next person on the list via PM for their mailing address. Mailing order confirmed:

1. gerenggat UK (Europe)
2. Loeweneckerchen Germany (Intl)
3. Zarylia US/Poland (Intl)
4. Lpree US (Intl)
5. SheWhoReads US (Intl)
6 caligula03 US (Intl) would like to be last

Journal Entry 3 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Monday, June 14, 2004

Mailed to gerenggat on May 27th. Happy travels!

Journal Entry 4 by gerenggat on Tuesday, July 06, 2004

The book has safely arrived in Gateshead after its long journey. Thank you Laura :-)

Journal Entry 5 by gerenggat on Sunday, August 22, 2004

Sorry Laura, I've not been able to do much reading lately. The book looks like I would really like it, but at this moment in time I simply haven't got the time to read it. I think I will have to come back to it at a quieter time in my life. Hope you understand. I'm sorry that I have delayed the ray that much, but the book is now travelling to Germany asap.

Journal Entry 6 by Loeweneckerchen from Böblingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Wow, that book certainly isn't thin! Thank you for sending it on, gerenggat. Since I have now found a permanent home ;-), I'm working hard on reducing Mount BTBR(bookrings to be read)!

Journal Entry 7 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Monday, January 24, 2005

Loeweneckerchen has had this book since September 2004 and has given me numerous assurances that she will be reading the book. As yet, unread and now no responses to my PMs. I'm declaring this book lost.

Journal Entry 8 by lostbookisland on Sunday, October 23, 2005

Well this book has now been in the same place for more than a year. Is it being read? Even a big thick book should not take this long.

This book is being welcomed at the Lost Book Island as it seems to have lost its way along the bookray path that it was destined for. It is long past time for this book to have been moving along but we will give it a chance to rest up and relax here at the Lost Book Island in hopes that it will be moving again soon. It is the hopes that a new journal entry will come one day very soon to let all the interested parties know what has become of this book and when it can expect to be traveling once more.