corner corner American Ghost: A Family's Extraordinary History on the Desert Frontier

American Ghost: A Family's Extraordinary History on the Desert Frontier
by Hannah Nordhaus | Nonfiction
Registered by johnevelyn of Shek Kip Mei, Sham Sui Po Hong Kong on 3/18/2018

status (set by Azuki): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by johnevelyn from Shek Kip Mei, Sham Sui Po Hong Kong on Sunday, March 18, 2018

Caroline here: Interesting story, but I wasn't sold on the author's approach to it. There was also too much tangential information. But I was glad I read it nonetheless. :-) Handed off this book at an informal gathering of Bookcrossers in Hong Kong, March 2018.

Journal Entry 2 by johnevelyn at Yau Ma Tei, Yau Tsim Mong Hong Kong on Sunday, March 18, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (3/15/2018 UTC) at Yau Ma Tei, Yau Tsim Mong Hong Kong

Caroline handed off this book at Kubrick's Cafe, at an informal gathering of Bookcrossers. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Monday, March 19, 2018

It was great meeting you guys at the BC meetup. So glad everybody can make it!

I thought this is a family memoir of life in Santa Fe when I picked up the book, but now reading the backcover it totally is not what I expected. The great-great-grandmother from Germany doesn't quite die, but lives on as a ghost. Oh, it's fiction, I thought as I read the first paragraph. But then as I continue, it appears that this is actually classified as history. Hmmm, interesting indeed. Thanks Caroline for sharing.