corner corner Count Of Monte Cristo Manga Classics

Count Of Monte Cristo Manga Classics
by Alexandre Dumas | Graphic Novels
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 3/17/2018

status (set by GoryDetails): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, March 17, 2018

I got this hefty softcover at Barnes and Noble when it first came out. It's a surprisingly faithful manga adaptation of Dumas' classic novel - see my comments on the original here. While some parts of the novel had to be condensed or omitted, the majority of the characters, incidents and plots are played out here. I enjoyed revisiting the story, and also appreciated the artwork - and the handy character-relationship chart at the end of the book! There's also bonus material explaining how the novel was adapted for the manga. While I'd still encourage people to read the original, this was a very good adaptation.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Benson Park in Hudson, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, March 18, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (3/19/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, Benson Park in Hudson, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library on this bright, chilly day; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Oh the Places We Can Go release challenge. ***