corner corner Pretty Baby: A Gripping Novel of Psychological Suspense

Pretty Baby: A Gripping Novel of Psychological Suspense
by Mary Kubica | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by vanbiohazard of North Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 3/13/2018

status (set by vanbiohazard): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by vanbiohazard from North Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Good character development, tight plotting; Pretty Baby starts slow and then sucks you into reading late into the night to find out what happens next.
We get three POVs, Heidi uptight, do-gooder, who loves a good stray, whether of the kitty or human variety, Chris her money obsessed husband and finally Willow, homeless teenage mother. Each seems very much set one way in the beginning, but surprise, surprise, none of them is what you think they as the book goes on. It's hard to write about this book without giving away major plot details, so I shan't. I will say Heidi, got on my nerves early on, and I had a lot of sympathy for her grumpy pre-teen daughter. Man, I'd be surly living with that woman as well.

Journal Entry 2 by vanbiohazard at Kafka's Coffee Shop in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (3/14/2018 UTC) at Kafka's Coffee Shop in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Releasing at Kafka's for Bookcrossing Meetup. Join us, have a coffee and take a book or more...