corner corner Commonwealth

Commonwealth
by George H. (translator); Smith, Stanley B Marcus Tullius; Sabine | Literature & Fiction
Registered by goodthinkingmax of Sydney, New South Wales Australia on 3/13/2018

status (set by Pixette): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by goodthinkingmax from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Lovely writing but I’m just so weary of prizewinning books with disfunctional families and unlikeable characters!

Journal Entry 2 by goodthinkingmax at Courthouse Hotel in Darlinghurst, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (3/13/2018 UTC) at Courthouse Hotel in Darlinghurst, New South Wales Australia

Releasing at Sydney Bookcrossing drinks!

Journal Entry 3 by Pixette at Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Picked up at March bookcrossing meetup

Journal Entry 4 by Pixette at Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, April 17, 2018

This book really kept me engaged. It was very poignant and made me feel lucky I don't have such complicated family relationships.

I realised towards the end of the book that I had previously read "Bel Canto" by this author. She has a talent for depicting personal relationships.

Plus I really enjoy her quirky and verbally visual writing style. Highly recommended

Journal Entry 5 by AussieChris at Sydney CBD, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, June 02, 2018

Picked up at meetup.

A novel about various members of a family at different times in their lives.

The blurb on the cover says to expect miracles when reading Ann Patchett's fiction... I found that a little exaggerated.

Journal Entry 6 by AussieChris at Courthouse Hotel in Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (6/12/2018 UTC) at Courthouse Hotel in Sydney, New South Wales Australia

Released at meet up.

Journal Entry 7 by Pixette at Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, June 13, 2018

I really liked this book. When this book returned to the meetup and no one new wanted to pick it up I decided to take it back to re-release elsewhere.

Journal Entry 8 by Pixette at Zoe's Post - Street Library in Darlinghurst, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, June 14, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (6/14/2018 UTC) at Zoe's Post - Street Library in Darlinghurst, New South Wales Australia

Left the book to explore its karma at the local street library