corner corner The Silent Companions

The Silent Companions
by Laura Purcell |
Registered by wingLittleSuzwing of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 3/10/2018

status (set by Cassandra2020): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingLittleSuzwing from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, March 10, 2018

The cover design of this is stunning - one of the most enticing-looking books I've owned in a while. And thankfully, the story inside isn't half-bad either! There is a woman in a late Victorian asylum suspected of arson trying to piece together the memories of how she got there, focussing on her time as mistress of a gloomy and extremely spooky country estate. Interspersed within this are the memories of another former mistress of the same estate in the 1630s. It's clever and kept me guessing.

Journal Entry 2 by wingLittleSuzwing at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, March 18, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (3/18/2018 UTC) at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Released at meetup

If you are new to bookcrossing - welcome and congratulations for finding a book! Please leave a journal entry to let me and any other readers know where it has gone and what you thought of it.

Journal Entry 3 by wingCassandra2020wing at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, April 06, 2018

Not sure if this is my thing, but the cover is so pretty and intriguing, I couldn't resist picking it up.

Journal Entry 4 by wingCassandra2020wing at The Glencorse Centre in Auchendinny, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (5/9/2018 UTC) at The Glencorse Centre in Auchendinny, Scotland United Kingdom

Released to obcz

Although this book is registered at www.bookcrossing.com, you don't have to be a member. It's perfectly OK to just take the book and enjoy it. Of course, if you can visit the website and let us know that you've picked it up, that would be even better - you don't even have to join, you can add your comments anonymously - you can also post your review when you've read it, then return it or pass it on to someone else.

If you do join Bookcrossing, you'll be able to see what happens to it afterwards - for ever!