corner corner Where Women Are Kings

Where Women Are Kings
by Christie Watson | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingkeeta1wing of Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on 3/10/2018

status (set by Shahrun): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingkeeta1wing from Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Saturday, March 10, 2018

Amazon Editorial Review
From the award-winning author of Tiny Sunbirds, Far Away, the story of a young boy who believes two things: that his Nigerian birth mother loves him like the world has never known love, and that he is a wizard

Elijah, seven years old, is covered in scars and has a history of disruptive behavior. Taken away from his birth mother, a Nigerian immigrant in England, Elijah is moved from one foster parent to the next before finding a home with Nikki and her husband, Obi.
Nikki believes that she and Obi are strong enough to accept Elijah’s difficulties—and that being white will not affect her ability to raise a black son. They care deeply for Elijah and, in spite of his demons, he begins to settle into this loving family. But as Nikki and Obi learn more about their child’s tragic past, they face challenges that threaten to rock the fragile peace they’ve established, challenges that could prove disastrous.

Journal Entry 2 by wingkeeta1wing at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, March 10, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (3/10/2018 UTC) at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases

Thank you and I hope you enjoy the book :)
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by wingJ4shawwing at Boise, Idaho USA on Monday, April 02, 2018

Oh Keeta1, you are good to me!
A wishlist RABCK (Wished for January 2017) gratefully received in Boise Idaho.

Journal Entry 4 by wingJ4shawwing at Mold, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, May 07, 2018

Released 1 wk ago (5/8/2018 UTC) at Mold, Wales United Kingdom

MY REVIEW:
Just loved this one!
So very moving a story. Really touched my heart this one, and I shed more than just the 1 tear!

Sending this one to Bookfrogster to tie in with the Send your current read RABCK ..... (just because) seeing as I have a few days in the UK.

Journal Entry 5 by wingbookfrogsterwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, May 12, 2018

Oh my goodness J4shaw, what a lovely surprise to come home to yesterday evening. As usual, your timing is impeccable. Thank you for your kindness. :-)

Journal Entry 6 by wingbookfrogsterwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, May 14, 2018

So, I basically couldn't put this down and have now finished it!! Parts of this were very sad indeed, and I found the parts where Elijah is with his birth mother extremely difficult. However, the character of Daddy (Obi's Dad) cheered my heart every time he appeared. What a lovely man he was, so kind and comforting.
Thank you J4Shaw and keeta1!
I have seen this on another wishlist so plan to continue the rabck theme. :-)

Journal Entry 7 by wingbookfrogsterwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Released 5 days ago (5/15/2018 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

And off this goes to Shahrun as part of the "Send your current read RABCK" thread.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :-)

Journal Entry 8 by Shahrun at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, May 17, 2018

This surprise RABCK and accompanying chocolate bar (to sweeten an already good deal) arrived today with a fabulous post card too. Thank you so much for granting me a wish. I shall do my best to read and release it as soon as I can (probably sooner than later so I can have at said chocolate bar).