corner corner Hidden Figures

Hidden Figures
by Margot Lee shetterly | History
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 3/9/2018

status (set by hyphen8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, March 09, 2018

This is not an ordinary book: it's a BookCrossing book! BookCrossing books are world travelers - they like to have adventures and make new friends...and every once in a while they even write home to say what they've been doing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Subtitle: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race

Trade paperback: loved the movie, and would like to know more, so this is definitely on my TBR list. I was hoping it would include some photos of the women, but when I flipped through I didn't see any.

This is an extra copy I picked up at Goodwill. (Larger photo here.)

Here's another copy on my BookCrossing shelf.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Kakaako in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, March 10, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (3/10/2018 UTC) at Kakaako in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Friday, March 09, 2018: a bit late, but released for International Women's Day at the corner of Cooke & Halekauwila Streets near a couple of Pow! Wow! Hawaii murals featuring women. (Larger photo here.)

[ Just a note: Mattel just announced their new Katherine Johnson Barbie doll... ]

Released for Secretariat's 2018 NJABBIC Challenge (week 9: women), GoryDetails's Wine + Food challenge, and msrubble's 2018 movie challenge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Please take a moment to make a journal entry and let this book's previous readers know that it's safe with you.

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!