corner corner Babel Tower

Babel Tower
by A.S. Byatt | Literature & Fiction
Registered by haahaahaa98 of Watertown, Massachusetts USA on 2/24/2018

status (set by GoryDetails): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by haahaahaa98 from Watertown, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, February 24, 2018

Found on side of road in Harvard Square. Cleaned, registered, and to be released!

Journal Entry 2 by haahaahaa98 at Panera Bread, Porter Square, 5 White Street in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, February 24, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (2/24/2018 UTC) at Panera Bread, Porter Square, 5 White Street in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

To be released at Saturday bookcrossing meeting, February 2018!

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, February 24, 2018

I claimed this hefty softcover at today's meetup, intrigued by the tower-of-Babel theme; will see how it plays out in the actual story.

Later: After a promising start, I found myself getting bogged down in storylines that - eventually - culminated in different trials, which we get to experience in excruciating detail. One of them's an obscenity/book-banning trial, which did have some interest for me, but I never got attached to the characters so it was more academic than anything else. I found the story-within-the-story - the book that's on trial, excerpts of which are interspersed with the main text - more interesting, and was frustrated whenever the focus shifted away from that {rueful grin}.

So... yeah, not a winner for me - but I am glad I gave it a shot!

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Maud Graham Circle in Burlington, Massachusetts USA on Monday, April 09, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (4/9/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, Maud Graham Circle in Burlington, Massachusetts USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***