corner corner The Fated Sky

The Fated Sky
by Henrietta Branford | Teens
Registered by sherdnerdess of York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 2/24/2018

status (set by Yorkstoryteller): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by sherdnerdess from York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 24, 2018

An orphaned Viking girl runs away from her violent step father, only for him to follow her to a new land.

Journal Entry 2 by sherdnerdess at Brigantes Bar & Brasserie OBCZ / Meetup Venue in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 24, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (2/25/2018 UTC) at Brigantes Bar & Brasserie OBCZ / Meetup Venue in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Leaving on the shelf for B month. I enjoyed it overall.

Journal Entry 3 by Yorkstoryteller at York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, April 26, 2018

This book was an amazing read! I was drawn to the subject matter - Viking story of a girl's epic journey. Then I realised it was a young person's book but it was such an enjoyable read I would say it is ageless. Anyone who loves history and Viking mythology could enjoy this book. The author Henrietta Branford writes in such a skilful, evocative way. I was hooked and found the story engaging and enchanting, and I was rooting for its heroine. It was a thoughtful book yet very easy to read but the language was beautiful. Highly recommended.

Journal Entry 4 by Yorkstoryteller at -- Train, bus, taxi in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 05, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (4/28/2018 UTC) at -- Train, bus, taxi in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Left on Coastliner bus to Leeds on Saturday 28th April