corner corner After the Last Dance

After the Last Dance
by Sarra Manning | Literature & Fiction
Registered by foreternity of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 2/17/2018

status (set by Nu-Knees): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by foreternity from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, February 17, 2018

I really enjoyed this but don't know many people who have read it, so it was the perfect choice to send on!

Journal Entry 2 by foreternity at Another Book Crosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Saturday, February 17, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (2/19/2018 UTC) at Another Book Crosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Added to the read it, swap it, leave it bookring!

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, February 23, 2018

Received when my "Read it, Swap it, Leave it" (group one) came home. This looks interesting & I'll keep it moving when read - though that may be some time off!

Journal Entry 4 by wingPlum-crazywing at a fellow BookCrosser, by hand -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, September 06, 2018

Released 2 wks ago (9/6/2018 UTC) at a fellow BookCrosser, by hand -- Controlled Releases

Handed to Nu-knees at our meet up at the Brigantes in York - lovely to see you! x

Journal Entry 5 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 06, 2018

Thank you for this, plum-crazy. I usually enjoy novels set in two or more time periods, as this appears to be. Looks good!
Yes, it was lovely to see you again - and to meet your husband. Any excuse for a trip to my favourite city!

Journal Entry 6 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 11, 2018

If you can accept the basic premise that a daft woman would marry an even dafter man within two hours of meeting him - and that the relevant paperwork would all be in place to make it legal and binding (something this Brit can't get her head round!) - then this is an entertaining tale.
If you have trouble suspending your disbelief on that scenario, then it may not be for you!
And the daft male's great aunt's war time adventures don't exactly ring true either . . . .
Not to mention the daft female's Becoming Jane thing . . .
In short, you can't believe a word of it!
But, having said that and despite the plot pits (they're bigger than holes!) and implausibilities, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Good fun!
Thanks again, plum :-)

Journal Entry 7 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 13, 2018

Released 1 wk ago (9/13/2018 UTC) at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

To my friend and neighbour, BookCrosser Blower. Enjoy!