corner corner One Red Paperclip: How To Trade a Red Paperclip For a House

One Red Paperclip: How To Trade a Red Paperclip For a House
by kyle macdonald | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by amme1980 of Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on 2/15/2018

status (set by Lukerik): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by amme1980 from Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, February 15, 2018

"My name is Kyle MacDonald. Until recently I was 'between jobs', sick of sponging off others, and on the verge of being dumped by my girlfriend I had to do something to get myself out of that rut.
It was then I remembered a childhood game I used to play, Bigger and Better, a way of trading old stuff to get bigger and better new stuff. And then I saw it, a red paperclip holding the pages of my CV together, ready to go out into the world and help me find a job. I decided that I'd start with that. And I promised to visit whoever would trade with me, wherever they were, swapping each time for something bigger and better until maybe - just maybe - I got a house!"

Journal Entry 2 by amme1980 at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, February 22, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (2/22/2018 UTC) at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom

On it's way to LexBarbie.

Hope you enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by lexbarbie at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Friday, February 23, 2018

Received safely in the post! :)

Journal Entry 4 by lexbarbie at Old Library Wood ‘Little Library’ in Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, July 19, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (7/19/2018 UTC) at Old Library Wood ‘Little Library’ in Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom

Released at the new ‘little library’ on a sunny Thursday afternoon! :)

Journal Entry 5 by Lukerik at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Friday, July 20, 2018

There was an article in the paper last night about how they'd cleared the prostitutes and drug dealers out of the Old Library Wood and installed a free bookcase, whichstruck me as terribly English and reminded me of how, when I was a little boy, my mother used to say to me "You can have ice cream or a chocolate but you can't have both".

Thanks for the free book. I shall read and release.