corner corner On, Off

On, Off
by Colleen McCullough | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 1/31/2018

status (set by spoiledrotten): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, January 31, 2018

I got this paperback from an online seller. I've enjoyed several of McCullough's novels, including The Thorn Birds and Tim, but this one's new to me.

And - so much for genre expectations! - it's good, just quite different; from the first line it's a dark, grisly suspense tale, of a horrific serial killer and the attempt to track down and stop the depredations. There are an assortment of intriguing characters whose relationships drive the story (that part is classic McCullough), and a nicely-intricate plot. And I appreciated the denouement, which featured where-are-they-now looks at the main characters, some entertaining tidbits of humor, some plot revelations - and a few major surprises... Definitely more Silence of the Lambs than Thorn Birds {wry grin}.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, February 09, 2018

Released 9 mos ago (2/9/2018 UTC) at Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I'm sending this to BCer spoiledrotten in NJ, as part of the US/Canada wishlist-tag game. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by spoiledrotten at Waldwick, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Arrived safely in NJ. Thanks!