corner corner A God in Ruins

A God in Ruins
by Kate Atkinson | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingkinediwing of Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on 1/29/2018

status (set by LittleSuz): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingkinediwing from Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Monday, January 29, 2018

A God in Ruins relates the life of Teddy Todd – would-be poet, heroic World War II bomber pilot, husband, father, and grandfather – as he navigates the perils and progress of the 20th century. For all Teddy endures in battle, his greatest challenge will be to face living in a future he never expected to have.

Journal Entry 2 by wingkinediwing at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Monday, May 28, 2018

A very well written and touching novel telling Teddy Todd's life through the years. His experiences as World war II bomber pilot really went under skin ad one bit has firmly stuck to my mind - when he couldn't sleep instead of counting sheep he was listing all the cities he had bombed in the war....Essen, Koeln, Duisburg, Hamburg, Bremen, Berlin and my hometown Duesseldorf. Very poignant, very moving . I really felt for and with all the characters and as always Kate Atkinson manages to make them all so real and so human ! Fantastic read !

Journal Entry 3 by wingkinediwing at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, June 25, 2018

Released 2 wks ago (7/1/2018 UTC) at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Welcome to Bookcrossing.

Thank you for catching this book! I hope that you enjoy it and will consider exploring this site and possibly joining. It is free and loads of fun, as you can track your released books in their travels, possibly all over the world!

Please feel free to keep this book for as long as you wish, and whenever you're ready, pass it on. Then watch its journey - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes a new journal entry. It's all confidential, free and fun (and addictive - but in a GOOD way)!

You may remain anonymous, but if you choose to join the site, I hope that you will consider using me, kinedi, as the one who referred you.

Congratulations on finding a Bookcrossing book and Happy Reading!!!

Journal Entry 4 by LittleSuz at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, July 01, 2018

Picked up at the meetup this afternoon. I think I have the previous book on my TBR shelf.