corner corner Poison Tree

Poison Tree
by Erin Kelly | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Pandamao of München, Bayern Germany on 1/27/2018

status (set by lils74): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Pandamao from München, Bayern Germany on Saturday, January 27, 2018

xx

Journal Entry 2 by Pandamao at München, Bayern Germany on Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (3/14/2018 UTC) at München, Bayern Germany

für noname-blue zum Meet-Up im Baal

Journal Entry 3 by noname-blue at München, Bayern Germany on Monday, March 19, 2018

Received from Pandamao at the Muc-Meetup last Wednesday.

Journal Entry 4 by noname-blue at by mail, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases on Friday, April 06, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (4/4/2018 UTC) at by mail, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

Sent by mail to Nepal for Wishlist.

Journal Entry 5 by winglils74wing at Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal on Sunday, April 29, 2018

This has arrived safely in Nepal - thank you so much! It looks fantastic, by a new (to me) author that I've been wanting to read.

Journal Entry 6 by winglils74wing at Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal on Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Well, I read this one quickly! I really found the idea of this book quite fascinating - it was different from most thrillers and portrayed in a unique way, and even though the beginning was a bit slow, it kept me turning the pages! Despite the fact that I guessed one of the big reveals very early on, the final ending still held a surprise for me, and I enjoyed it. An unusual style of thrillers for those who enjoy them. The only things that kept me from rating it more highly were the long, long build-up before anything actually happened, and also the fact that the author was clearly not at all familiar with some of the experiences of her characters. I mean--I'm not either, not all of them, but her descriptions of alcohol consumption were pretty hilarious (how fast these supposedly heavy-drinkers got drunk on such small amounts of wine, for example). And a few slip-ups in continuity that a good editor should have caught. But these are minor things--a good read overall.

Journal Entry 7 by winglils74wing at Free Books Box on a tree by the front entrance to the Royal Palace in Mandalay, Mandalay Division Burma on Sunday, July 22, 2018

Released 4 wks ago (7/22/2018 UTC) at Free Books Box on a tree by the front entrance to the Royal Palace in Mandalay, Mandalay Division Burma

While on a wonderful short trip to Burma (Myanmar) last week, I was walking under the trees that run along the moat that surrounds the royal palace, when I saw a man reading a newspaper from a box attached to a large tree. As I walked past, I saw that on the same tree was a smaller box that said "Free Books" on it or something like that. I was so excited that I made sure to come back the day before I left (I didn't have any books for release on me right then) and left this one. So cool and unexpected to find something like this in Mandalay.

ETA: Trying, unsuccessfully, to attach a picture of it...