corner corner Junie B., First Grader: Aloha-ha-ha

Junie B., First Grader: Aloha-ha-ha
by Barbara Park | Children's Books
Registered by JessicaEby of Cambridge, Ontario Canada on 1/27/2018

status (set by JessicaEby): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by JessicaEby from Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Saturday, January 27, 2018

My husband and I found this book in September 2017. It was on a table of free stuff along a back road somewhere between Eugenia and Wasaga Beach.

We participated in the Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope on Sunday 10 September, and afterwards we decided to go see/walk along the longest freshwater beach in the world, because I'd never been there before. We were driving down a gravel road somewhere between the two towns when my husband saw a table of stuff out at the end of a long, country driveway with a "Free" sign on it. He noticed that there were some books on the table so he stopped, and we left with a few children's chapter books to be bookcrossed.
For 2017, I had dedicated my bookcrossing activity to reading and sharing Canadian stories, so I have not registered these books until now.

At first glance, I don't see anything in/on this book to give any indication about its past prior to it being on the "free stuff" table where Chris and and I found it in September 2017. It seems to be in reasonably good condition, and Im eager to see what the future has in store for it.

Journal Entry 2 by JessicaEby at Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Sunday, April 22, 2018

I needed something to do for a little while tonight, so I read this book. It was my first encounter with Junie B. Jones, although I've known of the series for ages.

Sometimes, the writing style of this book annoyed me... but, it was pretty reminiscent of some small children telling stories, so I guess the author must have done a good job with what she was going for. It was pretty amusing sometimes, too. All in all it's not a bad read and I'm sure it would be even more enjoyable for readers who are in the age group/at the level that is the book's intended audience.

As of right now, I don't know when/where this book will be released.