corner corner Silver Stars (Front Lines)

Silver Stars (Front Lines)
by Michael Grant | Teens
Registered by Minerva101 of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 1/13/2018

status (set by reveredchicken): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Minerva101 from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 13, 2018

I loved this even more than Front Lines!! This book is far more raw, gritty and mean. Michael Grant didn't gloss over racism, sexism or the more graphic aspects of war. I am completely invested in the stories of Rainy, Frangie, Rio, and Jenou and can't wait for the next book.
I strongly recommend this series for adults or teens - brilliantly done!

From Goodreads.com:
The summer of 1943, World War II. The Germans have been bloodied, but Germany is very far from beaten. The North African campaign was only the beginning of the long journey for Frangie, Rainy, Rio, and the millions of other Allies.

Now the American army is moving on to their next target: the Italian island of Sicily. Frangie, Rainy, and Rio now know firsthand what each of them is willing to do to save herself—and the consequences. With their heavy memories of combat, they will find this operation to be even tougher.

Frangie, Rainy, and Rio also know what is at stake. The women are not heroes for fighting alongside their brothers—they are soldiers. But the millions of brave females fighting for their country have become a symbol in the fight for equality. In this war, endless blood has been spilled and millions of lives have been lost, but there could be so much more to gain.

The women won’t conquer Italy alone. But they will brave terrible conditions in an endless siege; they will fight to find themselves on the front lines of World War II; and they will come face-to-face with the brutality of war until they win or die.

Journal Entry 2 by Minerva101 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 13, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (1/13/2018 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the Bookcrossing meeting at Cravings to find a new reader.
Happy Reading :)

Journal Entry 3 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 13, 2018

Picked up at the January meeting!

Journal Entry 4 by megami-no-ushi at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 10, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (2/10/2018 UTC) at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to the February meeting!

I was so happy to have this one ready to go immediately after I finished the first one and blew through this one too. Frangie's story in this one really hit me hard, especially the scene with the Colonel. What great writing!

To the finder:

Journal Entry 5 by reveredchicken at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 10, 2018

Picked up this book at the monthly book crossing meeting at Cravings Market Restaurant