corner corner X (Kinsey Millhone Alphabet Series)

X (Kinsey Millhone Alphabet Series)
by Sue Grafton | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by rainbow3 of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 12/18/2017

status (set by earthcaroleanne): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by rainbow3 from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, December 18, 2017

Book burble: In hindsight, I marvel at how clueless I was . . . What I ask myself even now is whether I should have picked up the truth any faster than I did, which was not nearly fast enough.

A glamorous redhead wants to locate the son she put up for adoption thirty-two years ago – an easy two hundred bucks for P. I. Kinsey Millhone. But when Kinsey finds she was paid with marked bills, and her client is nowhere to be found, it becomes clear the mystery woman has something to hide…

Meanwhile, in helping the widow of an old friend – the recently murdered P.I. Pete Wolinksy – with some paperwork, Kinsey uncovers a link between the late investigator and an unhinged man with a history of ruining lives.

As Kinsey investigates this sociopath further, she soon becomes his next target. Now Kinsey must prove her case against him, before she becomes his next victim.

‘Kinsey Millhone is up there with the giants of the private-eye genre . . . Exhilarating’ Times Literary Supplement
‘Brilliant . . . Heaven knows what we’ll do when Grafton gets to Z’ Daily Mail

X – SUE GRAFTON (2015) | ISBN: 9781447260172 | Publisher: Pan MacMillian

Journal Entry 2 by rainbow3 at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, December 18, 2017

Released 4 mos ago (12/17/2017 UTC) at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Some hurried notes… another satisfying read from Grafton - Kinsey as ever battling to do the right thing, battling with herself over issues of morality and again, she’s been here before, battling to secure her own personal safety! Lots of activity in the grey areas here as the straight black & white path can sometimes totally enmesh the wayward in undue punishment or leave the guilty completely unpunished. Reading these out of sequence as I have been doing I’m finding any overarching themes are neatly handled so the whole is still perfectly understandable – hurrah!

Here Kinsey is given some serious run-around-in-circles-time-being-conned, by a pair of fiendishly inventive, quarrelling lovers, not that her understanding falls into place till later. Meanwhile, working for the wife of one of her old mentors means Kinsey finally has to re-assess her appreciation of her relationship with that mentor and events get incrementally more and more dangerous until Kinsey is fighting for her life!
---------------------

Sunday was the Edinburgh BookCrossers Xmas Bash at The Filmhouse and this book was released there, or if not picked up it was to be placed on the OBCZ [Official BookCrossing Zone ] window-sill book shelf.

Hello book finder, if you aren't familiar with BookCrossing – WELCOME!

Feel free to keep this book it is yours to do with as you wish, read it, or pass it on to keep it travelling. You can leave notes anonymously or if you journal this book as a member, you will hear from the book on its travels. If you do join you’re quoting bookcrosser – rainbow3 – as your referrer would be very gratifying. Thank you and HAPPY READING!

Journal Entry 3 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, December 18, 2017

Picked up at the Old Gang Meetup.