corner corner A Man Called Ove: A Novel

A Man Called Ove: A Novel
by Fredrik Backman | Literature & Fiction
Registered by aimlesst of Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA on 12/17/2017

status (set by LibraryGrrl): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by aimlesst from Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA on Sunday, December 17, 2017

I absolutely loved this book!!

From a review: Meet Ove. He’s a curmudgeon—the kind of man who points at people he dislikes as if they were burglars caught outside his bedroom window. He has staunch principles, strict routines, and a short fuse. People call him “the bitter neighbor from hell.” But must Ove be bitter just because he doesn’t walk around with a smile plastered to his face all the time?

Behind the cranky exterior there is a story and a sadness. So when one November morning a chatty young couple with two chatty young daughters move in next door and accidentally flatten Ove’s mailbox, it is the lead-in to a comical and heartwarming tale of unkempt cats, unexpected friendship, and the ancient art of backing up a U-Haul. All of which will change one cranky old man and a local residents’ association to their very foundations.

Journal Entry 2 by aimlesst at Full of Beans Cafe in Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA on Sunday, December 17, 2017

Released 4 mos ago (12/17/2017 UTC) at Full of Beans Cafe in Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

On the shelf! Full of Beans is bookcrosser owned and operated. Stop in and say hello. I've had good luck parking on Pittsburgh.

Journal Entry 3 by LibraryGrrl at Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA on Monday, December 18, 2017

Found this book in my coffee shop, and I've decided to hold a book club about it!