corner corner My Life

My Life
by David Jason | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by Lakrits of Gävle, Gästrikland Sweden on 12/17/2017

status (set by Andrea99): available

Journal Entry 1 by Lakrits from Gävle, Gästrikland Sweden on Sunday, December 17, 2017

Well written. Interesting to learn more about an almost iconic actor back home in his Britain but fairly unknown elsewhere.

Journal Entry 2 by ellamiss at Gävle, Gästrikland Sweden on Saturday, January 20, 2018

Thanks for the book! looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 3 by ellamiss at Stockholm, Södermanland Sweden on Friday, February 16, 2018

I've watched "A Touch of Frost" but didn't know anything about the actor, so this book was really interesting.

Journal Entry 4 by ellamiss at mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Monday, February 19, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (2/19/2018 UTC) at mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by Shahrun at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, February 22, 2018

This arrived safe and sound in London today! Thank you so much for the book, fabulous postcard and BookPlate! I really look forward to reading this book, as I love David Jason - he’s a brilliant actor!

PS I found Two Wheels for you last night and will do my best to get it read & posted as soon as I can!

Journal Entry 6 by Shahrun at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 03, 2018

I really enjoyed the very intimate writing style. The book almost feels like a friendly visit with David Jason, siping a beverage of choice and exchanging annocdites. I wondered if David Jason wrote it all himself? Or did he use a ghost writer? I’d be well impressed if he did it himself! Because the book has wonderful flow, it’s very funny and entertaining. Oh the names he oh so casually dropped through out! I had no idea of the scale of his career or the People that variety of work allowed him to work with. Lucky man. It was fascinating getting behind the scenes glimpses into how many of the nations favourite shows were made. I’ve not actually watched that many of them. I’ll have to give them all go now. And revisit the ones I am familiar with like Count Duckula and Danger Mouse - I used to love them so much. The book took me much longer than it should have done to read because I kept stopping to look people and shows up. His early life up until Only Fools and Horses was done in quite good detail. I felt by comparison that the last 20 years were rather rushed and too brief. I am wondering if that was due to a two book deal? There was another one released last year. I will have to have a go at that one next. I really look forward to further peeking into his fascinating memories. Thank you David Jason so much for sharing them!

Journal Entry 7 by Shahrun at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Friday, April 27, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (4/27/2018 UTC) at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom

Sending off to a fellow BookCrosser who is always very generous with her books. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

Journal Entry 8 by Andrea99 at Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Monday, April 30, 2018

Sent to me as a RABCK - thank you! I'll look forward to reading this!

Journal Entry 9 by Andrea99 at Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Monday, June 11, 2018

Very easy read, this book! Goes from David's childhood days in North London, through amateur dramatics and getting success in the West End of London and on TV. Goes right up to his wedding, his knighthood and becoming a Dad.
Good book!