corner corner Disney Manga: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas

Disney Manga: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas
by Jun Asuka | Graphic Novels
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 12/1/2017

status (set by GoryDetails): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, December 01, 2017

While browsing at Barnes and Noble today I was tickled to find this manga adaptation of Tim Burton's now-classic (and delightfully quirky) animated film The Nightmare Before Christmas.

The problem is that, having seen the movie, it's difficult for me to know how I'd have responded to the manga without all that background. In some cases it seemed to help, as the manga adaptation does take some shortcuts here and there; in other cases I suspect it hurts, as I'm "hearing" the actors' voices instead of relying on the actual dialog. For fans of the movie this might be entertaining; for those who've never seen it, perhaps it'll inspire them to check it out!

[There's a TV Tropes page on the film and various spinoffs and adaptations, with some entertaining tidbits.]

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Woodcrest Dr. in Tewksbury, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, December 07, 2017

Released 1 wk ago (12/8/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library, Woodcrest Dr. in Tewksbury, Massachusetts USA

I left the book in this attractive and roomy Little Free Library. Hope the finder enjoys the book!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2017 What's in a Name release challenge, for the embedded "Chris" in the title. ***

*** Released for the 2017 Christmas/Holiday release challenge. ***