corner corner Freelance Death

Freelance Death
by Andrew Taylor | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by rainbow3 of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 11/30/2017

status (set by Cassandra2020): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by rainbow3 from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, November 30, 2017

“After Arabella Lorton, a beautiful freelance photographer, falls to her death, Celia Prentisse questions the activities of six people, including her boyfriend William Dougal, all connected with the same public relations agency.” From fantasticfiction.com

‘Taylor’s fifth and intricate story about amiable, amoral William Dougal moves him even closer to the top of the British first division.’ TIME OUT

FREELANCE DEATH (Dougal 5) by ANDREW TAYLOR (1989) | ISBN: 9781444765663 | Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton Ltd PLEASE NOTE: this no longer belongs to Stirling Council City Libraries - it is a WITHDRAWN library book.

ANDREW TAYLOR’S ‘DOUGAL’ SERIES
1. Caroline Minuscule (1982)
2. Waiting for the End of the World (1984)
3. Our Fathers' Lies (1985)
4. An Old School Tie (1986)
5. Freelance Death (1987)
6. Blood Relation (1990)
7. The Sleeping Policeman (1992)
8. Odd Man Out (1993)
---------------------

Book courtesy of Book Donors www.bookdonors.co.uk one of the sponsors of BLOODY SCOTLAND, Scotland’s International Crime Writing Festival held in Stirling, Scotland Sep 2016. www.bloodyscotland.com One of the many free books they were generously handing out over the festival. I’ve managed to register my 2017 book stockpile from the same source so it was high time I dug out the rest of my 2016 stash and made sure they are registered too.

Journal Entry 2 by rainbow3 at Jeremiah's Taproom, 8 Elm Row in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, May 20, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (5/20/2018 UTC) at Jeremiah's Taproom, 8 Elm Row in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Planned release at a BookSwap/BookCrossing MeetUp. - Releasing this unread, though in fact itching to read it, as my enjoyment some years ago of THE AMERICAN BOY, a riveting historical crime novel, highlighted this author as one to watch out for! HOWEVER this is book five in a series of eight and I have read not of any the others so far AND major de-cluttering & house clearing means this must continue travelling… TRAVEL SAFELY WEE BOOK!!!

Journal Entry 3 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 07, 2018

Still keen to read this wee sliver of a book, on Sunday 22 July, I took the opportunity to pick it up as it had lingered on the bookshelf at Jeremiah's Taproom. I can only agree with a reviewer in Time Out ‘Taylor’s fifth witty and intricate story about amiable, amoral William Douglas moves him even closer to the top of the British first division.’ So right to have persisted and scooped this up.

For me this divided into two distinct parts, for about the first 45 pages I was disengaged and there seemed more characters than I could remember and place easily then something clicked and time fled as the pages whizzed by. Mad to have breached an entrance at book five of a series but must chase up more now. How did he come to this pass and what on earth will Dougal get tangled with next, he’s too like a nine-lived, curious cat for safety, and can he and Celia Prentisse ever negotiate a relationship.

Quoting another reviewer that’s captured the tone ‘Taylor serves up the literary equivalent of snack food, but it's quite crunchy.’ Publishers Weekly So true!

Planning a wild release soon… meanwhile marked as ‘Available’.

Journal Entry 4 by wingCassandra2020wing at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, August 13, 2018

Picked up at the Old Gang BookFest meetup - thanks!

Journal Entry 5 by wingCassandra2020wing at The Glencorse Centre in Auchendinny, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, September 13, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (9/12/2018 UTC) at The Glencorse Centre in Auchendinny, Scotland United Kingdom

Released to obcz

Although this book is registered at www.bookcrossing.com, you don't have to be a member. It's perfectly OK to just take the book and enjoy it. Of course, if you can visit the website and let us know that you've picked it up, that would be even better - you don't even have to join, you can add your comments anonymously - you can also post your review when you've read it, then return it or pass it on to someone else.

If you do join Bookcrossing, you'll be able to see what happens to it afterwards - for ever!