corner corner Harbor Ice

Harbor Ice
by K. D. Mason | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 11/26/2017

status (set by GoryDetails): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, November 26, 2017

I found this softcover at a local thrift shop. It's set on the New Hampshire seacoast, with lots of references to specific spots in Rye and Portsmouth and other places that I'm familiar with. That said, I found the actual mystery plot to be way too convoluted - though I give the author credit for playing with the trope of the killer who leaves intricate trails of clues without regard to how some might go missing before the pursuer can find them!

I also liked the first characters we meet, Lillian and Meredith, women who found each other and have had a wonderful relationship; alas, they're the targets of the villain here, and don't make it very far into the story.

Decent setting, good atmosphere; I just wish I'd found the main characters as compelling as the victims!

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Railroad Square (see release note for details) in Pepperell, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (1/3/2018 UTC) at Railroad Square (see release note for details) in Pepperell, Massachusetts USA

I left this book, bagged against the elements, on a bench along the hiking trail at Railroad St.; hope the finder enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]