corner corner Better Late Than Never (A Library Lover's Mystery)

Better Late Than Never (A Library Lover's Mystery)
by Jenn McKinlay | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 11/25/2017

status (set by GoryDetails): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, November 25, 2017

I enjoyed McKinlay's library-themed mystery A Likely Story, and picked up this book - the next in the series - at Barnes and Noble today. It's another entertaining visit with librarian Lindsay and her staff, friends, and would-be lovers, and in general I really liked it, though I did quibble with the way she kept dragging her feet about announcing her on-again-at-last relationship with Sully. (It was a relief when persistent-to-the-point-of-stalkerhood swain Robbie finally accepted the situation - and turned out to be a good friend; up to that point I was wishing someone would call the cops on him!)

The story opens with the return of a 20-year-past-due book on fine-forgiveness day, a book last checked out to the victim of a notorious and still-unsolved murder. While I didn't find the reasoning behind the reappearance of the book very sensible, I liked the setup and the investigation, the characters and the banter, the many references to everyone's favorite books (which they recommend to each other at every turn) - an enjoyable read!

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Daniel Webster Hwy (see text for details) in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Released 10 mos ago (1/3/2018 UTC) at Daniel Webster Hwy (see text for details) in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the waiting area inside Not Your Average Joe's restaurant; hope the finder enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]