corner corner The Bone Lady: Life As a Forensic Anthropologist

The Bone Lady: Life As a Forensic Anthropologist
by Mary H. Manhein | Nonfiction
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 2/22/2018

status (set by GoryDetails): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, February 22, 2018

I've had this hardcover on my keeper shelves for some time now, and I think it's time it went traveling.

The author works as a forensic anthropologist in Louisiana, and in her book she recounts a number of fascinating (and sometimes frustratingly unsolved) cases - the body found under a porch, the case of the cast-iron coffin, the re-examination of the killer of Huey Long... And she's got some great anecdotes from courtrooms and in the field, some of them very funny. [Nearly all the forensic anthropologists whose work I've read have a wicked sense of humor; it seems to be a job requirement, and I can see why.]

The book ends with a chapter of facial reconstructions for still-unidentified victims, in hopes that some reader will recognize one...

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Kelley Street in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, February 25, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (2/25/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, Kelley Street in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library this afternoon; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes release challenge. ***