corner corner M Is For Maple Syrup: A Vermont Alphabet (Discover America State by State)

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, May 13, 2018

I got this handsomely illustrated alphabet book, signed to previous owners by the artist (with a custom maple-leaf sketch as well!), from a local Goodwill thrift shop. It uses the alphabet as a way to introduce a variety of Vermont-themed topics, from "Animal" (leading to info about Justin Morgan's breed-founding horse) to "Ice Cream" (with a discussion of Ben & Jerry's). "N" is for "Natives" and gives homage to the Algonquin tribes. And of course "M" is for maple syrup!

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Sullivan Farms Homemade Ice Cream, 176 Middlesex Rd. in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Released 1 wk ago (5/16/2018 UTC) at Sullivan Farms Homemade Ice Cream, 176 Middlesex Rd. in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts USA

I plan to leave this book on a window ledge or in the gazebo at the ice cream stand; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Mothers Day release challenge, for the embedded "Ma" in the title. ***

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Tyngsboro, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, May 17, 2018

I took my son for ice cream at Sullivan Farm's Ice Cream Stand while my daughter attended her local Irish Step class, and there on the ledge by the open window was this beautifully illustrated book! As a lover of children's books, I eagerly scooped it up and brought it home. That evening I read it to my four young children who loved the creative illustrations and history outlined in the sidebars. We left if for another recipient to find in our home town of Londonderry, New Hampshire. I'm sure they will enjoy it as much as we have!