corner corner Lemon Tart: A Culinary Mystery (Culinary Mysteries (Deseret Book))

Lemon Tart: A Culinary Mystery (Culinary Mysteries (Deseret Book))
by Josi Kilpack | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingJ4shawwing of Boise, Idaho USA on 11/5/2017

status (set by eponine38): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingJ4shawwing from Boise, Idaho USA on Sunday, November 05, 2017

Lemon Tart (2009)
(The first book in the Culinary Mystery series)
A novel by Josi S Kilpack

In this debut volume, cooking aficionado turned amateur detective Sadie Hoffmiller tries to solve the murder of her beautiful young neighbor a single mother who was mysteriously lured from her home while a lemon tart was baking in her oven. At the heart of Sadie's search is the woman's missing two year-old child. Whoever took the child must be the murderer, but Sadie is certain that the police are looking at all the wrong suspects including her!

For an added treat, original mouth- watering recipes for Sadie's Lemon Tart, Homemade Alfredo Sauce, Carrot Cookies, Brownies, and Granny's Gingerbread Bundt Cake are sprinkled throughout the book.

Genre: Mystery

Journal Entry 2 by wingJ4shawwing at ebay, ebay purchase -- Controlled Releases on Monday, November 06, 2017

Released 7 mos ago (11/6/2017 UTC) at ebay, ebay purchase -- Controlled Releases

Released as part of the ● US~Canada Wishlist Tag● ☆ 2017

Journal Entry 3 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Received safely today (and I had already safely received the BCID label). Thank you so much! It was very generous of you to seek out a copy of my oldest wishlist book. It looks like a lot of fun and I hope it won't linger too long on Mt. Toobie! Thank you again, J4shaw. :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, December 08, 2017

I wanted a light, fluffy read and that's pretty much what I got with this book! The plot was a bit more convoluted than it needed to be, I thought. On the plus side, however, the storyline kept me interested and guessing and the action stayed brisk. The included recipes really do sound delicious. I don't cook or bake all that much, but these have me tempted. I would like to read the next in the series, so that constitutes a success!

Journal Entry 5 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, January 29, 2018

Reserving for the Mystery / Thriller VBB.

Description from Amazon:

"Award-winning author Josi S. Kilpack introduces a new series of culinary cozies that is sure to tantalize mystery lovers. In this debut volume, cooking aficionado turned amateur detective Sadie Hoffmiller tries to solve the murder of her beautiful young neighbor, a single mother who was mysteriously lured from her home while a lemon tart was baking in her oven. At the heart of Sadie's search is the woman's missing two yea-old child. Whoever took the child must be the murderer, but Sadie is certain that the police are looking at all the wrong suspects -- including her! For an added treat, original mouth-watering recipes for Sadie's Lemon Tart, Homemade Alfredo Sauce, Carrot Cookies, Brownies, and Granny's Gingerbread Bundt Cake are sprinkled throughout the book."

Journal Entry 6 by wingReallyBookishwing at Mystery/Thriller VBB, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Friday, May 18, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (5/18/2018 UTC) at Mystery/Thriller VBB, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

This is headed out to eponine38 as a selection from the Mystery/Thriller VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Thank you, ReallyBookish, and it got here so quickly, too! I look forward to a light read. Thanks for sharing.