corner corner The Legion od the Damned

The Legion od the Damned
by Sven Hassel | Nonfiction
Registered by asia_be_es of Warszawa, Mazowieckie Poland on 10/31/2017

status (set by asia_be_es): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by asia_be_es from Warszawa, Mazowieckie Poland on Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Convicted of deserting the German army, Sven Hassel is sent to a penal regiment on the Russian Front. He and his comrades are regarded as expendable, cannon fodder in the battle against the implacable Red Army. Outnumbered and outgunned, they fight their way across the frozen steppe...
This iconic anti-war novel is a testament to the atrocities suffered by the lone soldier in the fight for survival.
Sven Hassel's unflinching narrative is based on his own experiences in the German Army. He began writing his first novel, Legion of the Damned in a prisoner of war camp at the end of World War Two [www.goodreads.com]

Journal Entry 2 by asia_be_es at Uccle / Ukkel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Tuesday, October 31, 2017

I found it in one of the Uccle book boxes near Wolvendael Parc (rue Rouge).
I think I'll give it a try.

January 5, 2018
New year, new resolutions! I want to release more so this book goes to the RTR shelf (Ready To Release).

Journal Entry 3 by asia_be_es at Boîte à livres - Place Saint-Job in Uccle / Ukkel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Sunday, April 15, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (4/15/2018 UTC) at Boîte à livres - Place Saint-Job in Uccle / Ukkel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium

Enjoy your reading and help to continue the journey!

3 per week, 2018 Challenge #58