corner corner The Tesseract

by Alex Garland | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by KathyS on 3/23/2004

status (set by SwissToni): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by KathyS on Tuesday, March 23, 2004

"As night falls in Manila, Sean waits for gangster Don Pepe in a deserted roach-infested hotel. He could die tonight, and anyone who strays into his path could end up dead too: a Filipino family in the suburbs, a gang of street kids ... in a few hours their destinies will violently collide."

As I remember, I found this book disturbing and graphic, like "The Beach", but without the accompanying charm that I found it's predecessor had. Why not see for yourself and request a trade?

Journal Entry 2 by SwissToni from Nottingham, not specified not specified on Saturday, March 27, 2004

Caught this at the Nottingham meet. I devoured "The Beach" and was devastated by what I thought was a lazy ending. It will be interesting to see what I make of this one.

Journal Entry 3 by KathyS on Sunday, March 28, 2004

As you can see, SwissToni was more organised than me and has journalled before I've managed to release the book :o)

I'll be interested to see what you think of it when it surfaces to the top of your Mount TBR ;o)

Journal Entry 4 by SwissToni from Nottingham, not specified not specified on Monday, March 29, 2004

Never quite sure how this works. I think I now need to do this to put this back on my bookshelf? Or something?

thanks again!