corner corner The Long Room

The Long Room
by Francesca Kay | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingMolyneuxwing of Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on 10/22/2017

status (set by Katweeble): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingMolyneuxwing from Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 22, 2017

Set in Oxfordshire Stephen actually comes from Didcot!) and London mostly. I read the book because I went to an event at my local library with this author. A very promising book and very well written, but felt it didn’t quite fulfill my expectations. However I do look forward to more by this author

Journal Entry 2 by wingMolyneuxwing at Towcester Mill Brewery OBCZ in Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 22, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (10/22/2017 UTC) at Towcester Mill Brewery OBCZ in Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

To be released at the BC meetup today

Journal Entry 3 by wingKatweeblewing at Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 22, 2017

Caught at Towcester BC meeting

Journal Entry 4 by wingKatweeblewing at Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 09, 2018

I found the story a bit creepy, although I did ant to find out what happened so it did interest me. Stephen is a listener for a British government anti terrorist secret organisation. He is one of a group of people who listen to the tapes of people of interest, but he gets too involved with the wife of one of these people. His reaction to what he hears and how he imagines interactions are what is creepy. I found the inserts about his mum bitter sweet told fro her point of view , and I am really not sure what the point of them was to the story.
Disappointing.

Journal Entry 5 by wingKatweeblewing at Ipswich BC Unconvention in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Friday, October 05, 2018

Released 2 wks ago (10/6/2018 UTC) at Ipswich BC Unconvention in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

Looking forward to catching up with friends at the October 18 uncon.