corner corner Grandad, There's a Head on the Beach: A Jimm Juree Mystery (Jimm Juree Mysteries)

Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Friday, October 20, 2017

I laughed so much in the first half of the book; it was funnier than its predecessor (Killed at the Whim of a Hat).

I must admit that it got a bit strange (even for me!) toward the end, though this was the author's way of trying to lighten a serious and timely social issue.

Not having read any of Cotterill's other (Dr. Siri Paiboun) series, I can't say how this compares, though Paiboun has several installments whereas there's only one more in this series. I wonder if they are as offbeat and humorous. Will have to try and see!

The "modified song lyrics at the beginning of each chapter were amusing and creative. :-) [There's an author's note at the end with the correct ones].

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Friday, October 20, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (10/20/2017 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

Promised long ago to GoryDetails. Hope you like the insanity!

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, October 21, 2017

Thanks so much for the books! I really love the Dr. Siri books (starting with The Coroner's Lunch), and while this series has a different setting and characters I'm looking forward to reading it. (And I can't resist a title like that!)