corner corner The Luminaries

The Luminaries
by Eleanor Catton | Literature & Fiction
Registered by kiwiinengland of Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on 10/12/2017

status (set by futurecat): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by kiwiinengland from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Thursday, October 12, 2017

A Man Booker winner set on the West Coast of New Zealand which looks at series of unsolved crimes in a Gold rush communities during 1866.

Journal Entry 2 by kiwiinengland at Stewart Island Backpackers in Stewart Island, Southland New Zealand on Sunday, October 15, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (10/15/2017 UTC) at Stewart Island Backpackers in Stewart Island, Southland New Zealand

Journal Entry 3 by wingfuturecatwing at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Picked up at the Stewart Island uncon.

I worked with Ellie when she was Writer in Residence at UC, so I've been meaning to get round to reading this book for ages. The size is rather intimidating though (as is the weight - I really regretted picking it up when I had to hoist my bag into the cargo bin on the ferry!)

^ ^