corner corner Yellowcake

Yellowcake
by Margo Lanagan | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 10/8/2017

status (set by kristenfreer): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, October 08, 2017

I got this ex-library hardcover from Better World Books. It's an anthology of mostly-weird fiction, including "The Golden Shroud," an intriguing spin on the "Rapunzel" story from the viewpoint of the prince; "An Honest Day's Work," set in a coastal village where the people make a living from harvesting the immense bodies of humanoids that wash up on shore now and then; "Night of the Firstlings," from the viewpoint of people fleeing through mysteriously-parted waves as their foes follow behind - whether it's supposed to be *the* Exodus or not isn't clear; "Ferryman," about the person who takes souls across the River Styx - and about his young daughter who's learning the profession; and more.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Bridge Street (see notes) in Portsmouth, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, March 17, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (3/17/2018 UTC) at Bridge Street (see notes) in Portsmouth, New Hampshire USA

I plan to leave this book in or near the Bridge Street Bistro this evening; hope someone enjoys it!

Later: Left as planned, after a truly wonderful dinner in this charming bistro.

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Four Elements Release Challenge; "yellowcake" is a kind of uranium ore. ***

Journal Entry 3 by kristenfreer at Portsmouth, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Looking for a book to read together with my 11 year old daughter but she wouldn't like this (based on description) BUT my neighbor is an author of a series of this ilk so I'm going to leave this on his porch!