corner corner Sophie Kinsella Shopaholic Abroad

Sophie Kinsella Shopaholic Abroad
by Sophie Kinsella | Women's Fiction
Registered by winglytteltonwitchwing of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 10/7/2017

status (set by goldenwattle): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winglytteltonwitchwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, October 07, 2017

A charity shop was selling books for 50c

Journal Entry 2 by winglytteltonwitchwing at BC Uncon2017 in Stewart Island, Southland New Zealand on Friday, October 13, 2017

Released 2 mos ago (10/13/2017 UTC) at BC Uncon2017 in Stewart Island, Southland New Zealand

Was taken to the bookcrossing meal tonight and left on the table

Christchurch bookcrossers meet up regularly once a month and for more information check out Conventions and Meetings in the Forums.

Journal Entry 3 by winggoldenwattlewing at Stewart Island, Southland New Zealand on Friday, October 13, 2017

Picked up at the Bookcrossing dinner. Thank you.

Journal Entry 4 by winggoldenwattlewing at Oamaru, Otago New Zealand on Saturday, October 21, 2017

Rebecca is an annoying character and very hard to like. She is dim witted, fluffy headed, stupid. At times the author attempts to show you she is bright, but for most of the book this didn't come through, and the attempted bits made the story disjointed. That wasn't Rebecca then, but another character. I suspect this book is meant to be funny and I like a funny book, but I never laughed with this book. Rebecca is mentally ill, and that's not something to laugh about.
What does Luke see in her? Surely he wants children and does he really want to pass on low IQ genes to them!
I knew someone once with some of Rebecca's characteristics. I made the mistake of going on holidays with her. While I wanted to go walking and sightseeing, she wanted to 'impress' people, make them think we were staying in five star accommodation (our comfortable motel wasn't five stars, but apparently she normally did stay in five stars...or so she said...even though she couldn't really afford it), go to the casino, drink wine and gamble. Be seen in what she considered the 'right' places; places that I was embarrassed to be seen in, such as sitting at the bar of the casino drinking. She wanted to impress those I considered sleazebags; maybe rich sleazebags, but still. When we went shopping I remember trying on a dress, not liking it, but my travel companion kept repeating I just had to have that dress. To the point we almost had an argument in the shop. Only the sensible intervention of the shop assistant prevented it. She was the same with herself. She just had to have things and nothing could be said to dissuade her otherwise. I found out she was in debt because of her spending habits. Like Rebecca she also lied about her financial situation.
The incident of the inappropriate shoes that Rebecca wore on a guided walk had parallels with our holiday too. I had talked my travel companion into going on a guided walk in the country. Everyone but her wore walking shoes. She wore completely inappropriate shoes. I didn't need to say anything; others on the walk did that for me.
I only rated this book as much as five, because I finished it.

Journal Entry 5 by winggoldenwattlewing at Woden Plaza - Westfield in Woden, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Thursday, November 09, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (11/9/2017 UTC) at Woden Plaza - Westfield in Woden, Australian Capital Territory Australia

Released outside the main entrance to Woden Westfield, ACT. (Initially released inside, but then I saw cleaners arrive, so I moved the book.)

If you take this book the previous readers would really appreciate if you could please log your find. That way we can all follow the book's journey. Bookcrossing is spam free and your details are private, or you can log the find anonymously. Thank you and enjoy the read.

To the finder, enjoy, and I hope you will write a journal entry so that previous readers will know that this book has been found (even anonymously). It is always a joy to find where it has gone. Once you've read this book, pass it on to a friend, or set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find as you did.
You can remain anonymous but if you are interested in joining please consider using - Goldenwattle as your referrer.
When you pass this book along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it. Thank you.

More information on BookCrossing