corner corner The Dry: A Novel

The Dry: A Novel
by Jane Harper | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingQueen72wing of Hobbs, New Mexico USA on 10/5/2017

status (set by dvg): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingQueen72wing from Hobbs, New Mexico USA on Thursday, October 05, 2017

This book and the details of the drought made me thirsty, LOL. A very good “whodunnit” book, ready for book #2!

Journal Entry 2 by wingQueen72wing at Hobbs, New Mexico USA on Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (1/10/2018 UTC) at Hobbs, New Mexico USA

Off to spoiledrotten in New Jersey for a book trade. Happy reading!!

Hello Kind Reader,
Just a quick note that I've registered this book at BookCrossing.com, so that I can keep up on where it goes, who reads it, and what they thought of it. Please make a journal entry, then pass the book along to someone else, or leave it somewhere for another reader to find it. You can make a journal entry anonymously or sign up for an account. If you join, please indicate that you were referred by **Queen72** or any other journaler. We can all track this book's journey and the lives it touches forever more!
Thank you!

Journal Entry 3 by spoiledrotten at Waldwick, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, January 16, 2018

The Dry has arrived in NJ, thanks so much for the trade! After my bookclub discusses this in May I will make it available.

Journal Entry 4 by spoiledrotten at Waldwick, New Jersey USA on Friday, June 15, 2018

This is a very good debut novel. I look forward to more by this author.
Aaron Falk is a Federal Agent. When he receives word that his childhood friend and family have been murdered he goes back to the small town he grew up in ( at the request of his friends parents) to look into the murder. Aaron has not been back home in twenty years, since he and his father were literally run out of town.
While it had a bit of a slow start, the novel picks up quickly and has a lot of good twists and turns to keep you guessing. The description of the hot and dry Australian weather makes you need a glass of cool water.
After my bookclub discusses this week I will make it available ( unless my husband wants to read it first)!
06/20/18 Almost everyone who discussed this at bookclub liked it very much. It is now available.
06/21/18 on reserve for dvg as part of the wishlist tag game.

Journal Entry 5 by spoiledrotten at Toms River, New Jersey USA on Saturday, June 23, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (6/25/2018 UTC) at Toms River, New Jersey USA

Sending to dvg as part of the wishlist tag game. Enjoy

Journal Entry 6 by dvg at Toms River, New Jersey USA on Friday, July 20, 2018

This wishlist tag RABCK was received on June 27, 2018.

I apologize to my wonderfully generous BC friend that, in the midst of personal craziness, I neglected to JE the receipt of this much wanted read. I am looking forward to reading this and sharing it with other interested BCers too.