corner corner Savages

Savages
by Shirley Conran | Other
Registered by lils74 of Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal on 9/27/2017

status (set by lils74): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by lils74 from Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal on Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Stopped in yesterday night at the Thamel Book Shop in Tridevi Sadak, on impulse on my way home after ECS's Dasain office party. I love how this small, narrow shop manages to have such a satisfying turnover of books. Bought two, and the shop owner gave me some older freebies - three books in French, one in German and one in English (this one). He said he needs to get rid of some books and so wanted to give them to people he knew. I guess I shop here often enough that that includes me! Planning to set them free and see where they go… as I said this one is in English, but not my kind of read.

Journal Entry 2 by lils74 at CIWEC Clinic/Hospital in Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal on Monday, December 04, 2017

Released 1 wk ago (12/4/2017 UTC) at CIWEC Clinic/Hospital in Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal

Left this book -- along with several others -- on the space under one of the tables, with the newspapers and magazines, in the waiting area. I hope that it travels, whether near or far, and perhaps brings some joy or distraction to one of the many people waiting here. I haven't read it, so I can't speak for its contents, as it's not my cup of tea, but I hope it's someone's! :)