corner corner The French Lieutenant's Woman

The French Lieutenant's Woman
by John Fowles | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingTrojanhorsewing of Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on 9/24/2017

status (set by Trojanhorse): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingTrojanhorsewing from Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 24, 2017

From the back of the book:
"In this brilliant novel John Fowles has evoked in perfect detail the Victorian world of repressed sexuality and cruel hypocrisy. In the central figures of Charles Smithson and the ostracised Sarah Woodruff he has created two figures who, seeking to escape from the cant and tyranny of their age, achieve an epic and tragic stature."

I haven't read this book myself. It was donated to me for book crossing purposes.

Journal Entry 2 by wingTrojanhorsewing at Physic Gardens in Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 30, 2017

Released 2 wks ago (9/30/2017 UTC) at Physic Gardens in Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom

Welcome to bookcrossing!
Congratulations on finding this book. I hope you enjoy it.
Please make a journal entry so I know the book is safe with you (this can be done anonymously if you prefer) and then read and re-release the book for someone else to enjoy!
Better still join Bookcrossing (please consider using me, Trojanhorse as your referring member) then you can follow the book as it continues its travels.
Happy Reading!

This book has been released for the 2017 Animal Release Challenge for the embedded ANT in the title.