corner corner Death at La Fenice: A Commissario Guido Brunetti Mystery

Death at La Fenice: A Commissario Guido Brunetti Mystery
by Donna Leon | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by winglils74wing of Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal on 9/22/2017

status (set by lils74): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winglils74wing from Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal on Friday, September 22, 2017

I've been interested in this series for a while, so was happy to find this paperback copy of the first book in the series on one of the book-sale shelves at my sister's small town library just outside Boston.

* * *

Venice's canals have always been shrouded in mystery. But when the celebrated opera house, La Fenice, is the scene of a murder the Commissario of Police, Guido Brunetti, has to step behind the lights into the bitchy world of opera to investigate.

Journal Entry 2 by winglils74wing at Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal on Friday, September 29, 2017

Read this whole book yesterday and really enjoyed it - the actual whodunit I found a bit simplistic (perhaps I've read too many mysteries over the years) and I guessed most of it, but I love love loved the characters, the atmosphere and the location. Nice to see a detective with a good family life for once, and all the Italy references made me feel at home. I will definitely keep a look out for more books in this series.

Journal Entry 3 by winglils74wing at Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal on Friday, September 29, 2017

Released 3 wks ago (9/29/2017 UTC) at Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal

Gave this book to a friend today that I think will enjoy it.