corner corner Death in Cyprus

Death in Cyprus
by M. M. Kaye | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by amyem of Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on 9/21/2017

status (set by GoryDetails): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by amyem from Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, September 21, 2017

Although this was an improvement over the more awful entries in the Death in Exotic Locales series, it still had issues. The main problem was a mass dumping introduction to all the characters/suspects in a heap so I had alot of trouble just keeping them all straight for a while. Her usual theme of damsel in distress and mysterious hero continued on, though I can't say I really ever found much to like in Steve Howard and Amanda, despite a few good moments here and there (the resounding slap she laid on Steve being one) mostly was a gullible ninny. I didn't figure out who did it but I didn't really try to, not anywhere near enough clues laid for that. The grand wrap up was long on explanations that made little sense.

Journal Entry 2 by amyem at Panera Bread, Porter Square, 5 White Street in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, September 23, 2017

Released 3 wks ago (9/23/2017 UTC) at Panera Bread, Porter Square, 5 White Street in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

Planned for release at September Boston BookCrossers Meetup

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, September 23, 2017

Had a lovely meetup in Porter Square, Cambridge, on this very warm afternoon. Since my town has installed eight new Little Free Libraries, I offered to claim any books that went un-chosen at the end of the meetup - and since most of us seem to be in the "please, take the books!" mindset, there were quite a few {wry grin}.

"Turquoise seas, sun-kissed castles, and unnatural death - this is Cyprus." Um, OK? The locale sounds interesting, but the potboiler/romance aspect does not, so I expect I'll pass this one along unread.

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Park Social in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, September 24, 2017

Released 3 wks ago (9/24/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library, Park Social in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library on this VERY warm afternoon; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2017 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***