corner corner Singing Fire (Volume 1)

Singing Fire (Volume 1)
by T. L. Martin | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by BookLovinMama of Arnold, Missouri USA on 9/18/2017

status (set by Spatial): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by BookLovinMama from Arnold, Missouri USA on Monday, September 18, 2017

I was given this book by the author for an honest review just before the release date. The book is signed in the cover:
Alison,
Thanks again!
Hope you enjoy.
Happy ready
TL

~~~~~~

The story takes place in Bandon, Oregon where we are introduced to Charlotte, whose life is about to change forever.

Charlie is discovering that the stories are true as she is learning about witches, demons, vampires and her role within that world. She has led a bit of a recluse life and is immediately put into a circle of individuals. It is a bit hard to believe that she suddenly goes from being a loner, apart from her aunt and neighbor, to someone who is willing to put herself in unnecessary danger to protect those she just met.

At the beginning of the book it points out that Charlie has three birthmarks behind her neck, which can only be seen when her hair is up. This is never mentioned again in the book, so I’m assuming it will be in the next novel. Also, how is it that she became such a key player in this world that she’s now entered.

The ending was a twist that took me by surprise, but also left me hanging.

Journal Entry 2 by BookLovinMama at Arnold, Missouri USA on Monday, September 18, 2017

Released 2 mos ago (9/23/2017 UTC) at Arnold, Missouri USA

Releasing this book as part of emmejo's Otherworldly book box. Sending this book to the next participant. Happy Travels!

Journal Entry 3 by Spatial at Arlington, Virginia USA on Monday, October 02, 2017

Selected from the Round III Otherworldly Bookbox.