corner corner The Partner: A Novel

Registered by Mort39 on 9/16/2017

status (set by Autyculture): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Mort39 on Saturday, September 16, 2017

REVIEW
In ok condition, A5 paperback.
ABOUT THE BOOK
hey watched Danilo Silva for days before they finally grabbed him. He was living alone, a quiet life on a shady street in Brazil; a simple life in a modest home, certainly not one of luxury. Certainly no evidence of the fortune they thought he had stolen. He was much thinner and his face had been altered. He spoke a different language, and spoke it very well.

But Danilo had a past with many chapters. Four years earlier he had been Patrick Lanigan, a young partner in a prominent Biloxi law firm. He had a pretty wife, a new daughter, and a bright future. Then one cold winter night Patrick was trapped in a burning car and died a horrible death. When he was buried his casket held nothing more than his ashes.

From a short distance away, Patrick watched his own burial. Then he fled. Six weeks later, a fortune was stolen from his ex-law firm's offshore account. And Patrick fled some more.

But they found him

Journal Entry 2 by Mort39 at First Avenue Medical Practise in Chinchilla, Queensland Australia on Monday, September 18, 2017

Released 2 mos ago (9/27/2017 UTC) at First Avenue Medical Practise in Chinchilla, Queensland Australia

This book is being released for the patients of First Avenue Medical Practise who are also members of bookcrossing.

Journal Entry 3 by Autyculture at Chinchilla, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Started reading whilst waiting for a doctors appointment. As a result, I have joined BookCrossing and hope to catch and release to my hearts content.

Journal Entry 4 by Mort39 at Chinchilla, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Karen Would like to warmly on behalf of the Chinchilla based members of bookcrossing welcome you to our journey. I am extremely pleased to have you here, I consider you a friend so it makes it all the more a happy occasion that you found the book in the exact way that I pitched it to First Avenue when I asked them to sign up.....that people would start reading the books and then find that low and behold they were allowed to take them home with them.....with a few conditions. Hopefully not just increasing the members of Bookcrossing but also resulting in more clients returning to First Avenue Medical for their treatment as Bookcrossing is a unique feature to First Avenue Medical that I was hoping would act as a further attraction. I would be interested when you are done, and you pick your next book, if this service, provided to you through Bookcrossing, by First Avenue in any way affected your choice about where to return for your medical requirements?

Journal Entry 5 by Autyculture at Chinchilla, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Released 3 wks ago (11/16/2017 UTC) at Chinchilla, Queensland Australia