corner corner The Scam

The Scam
by Lee Goldberg, Janet Evanovich | Entertainment
Registered by wingDelphi_Readerwing of Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on 9/4/2017

status (set by Poodlesister): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingDelphi_Readerwing from Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Monday, September 04, 2017

This book starts its journey with Book Crossing from Delphi, Greece
___________________________________________________________________________

"He's on the run. She's an FBI agent. But putting Nick Fox in gaol is the last thing on Kate O'Hare's mind...

Nicolas Fox is a charming con man and master thief. Kate O'Hare is the FBI agent on his trail. At least that's what everyone thinks. In reality, they're secretly working together to bring down super-criminals. Criminals like brutal casino magnate Evan Trace.

Evan Trace is running a money-laundering operation through his casino. Some of his best customers are mobsters, dictators, and global terrorists. Nick and Kate are going deep undercover as high-stakes gamblers, wagering millions of dollars - and their lives - in an attempt to topple Trace's empire.

The scam will take Fox and O'Hare from the Las Vegas strip, to the sun-soaked beaches of Hawaii, and into the dark back alleys of Macau. Their only backup - a self-absorbed actor, a Somali pirate, and an ex-soldier who believes a rocket launcher is the best way to solve every problem.

What could possibly go wrong? "

~~~~~~To the person who found this book:~~~~~~

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. Drop a few lines on where and how you found this book and what you thought of it. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, I encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold.

This book is now yours, and you can keep it if you choose, although I would love you to read and then share it. You can pass it on someone you know or release it once again in the wild, leaving it on a park bench, a phone booth, a hostel lobby...wherever you think it's suitable for the book to continue it's journey. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it.

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 2 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Monday, September 04, 2017

First time reading these authors and while it's not my usual genre and I won't rush to buy another of their books, it was an alright read to pass some time. Too "American" for my taste, lots of hyperbole and too stereotypical, but still fun.

Of course one has to be prepared for a light, silly read and not take it too seriously. Otherwise one wouldn't stop shaking his/her head in misbelief and wanting to tear his/her hair apart every other page.

I guess it's fine as an escape read...

Journal Entry 3 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at by post, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Released 1 wk ago (10/4/2017 UTC) at by post, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases

The Scam is now traveling to London in order to meet Poodlesister : )
And then...Who knows?

Good Luck my book and don't forget to write home from time to time...

Journal Entry 4 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, October 13, 2017

Thank you for the book and the beautiful card! The stamps are great and will be saved for a Bookcrosser.