corner corner Good Me Bad Me

Good Me Bad Me
by Ali Land |
Registered by dvg of Toms River, New Jersey USA on 8/30/2017

status (set by T02S03B11D20): available

Journal Entry 1 by dvg from Toms River, New Jersey USA on Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Milly's mother is a serial killer. Though Milly loves her mother, the only way to make her stop is to turn her in to the police. Milly is given a fresh start: a new identity, a home with an affluent foster family, and a spot at an exclusive private school.

But Milly has secrets, and life at her new home becomes complicated. As her mother's trial looms, with Milly as the star witness, Milly starts to wonder how much of her is nature, how much of her is nurture, and whether she is doomed to turn out like her mother after all.

When tensions rise and Milly feels trapped by her shiny new life, she has to decide: Will she be good? Or is she bad? She is, after all, her mother's daughter.

Journal Entry 2 by dvg at Toms River, New Jersey USA on Thursday, August 31, 2017

I am so glad I received the ARC of this psychological thriller! Thank you to the publisher and Goodreads.

Get ready. Are you ready? This is one of those reads that you cannot put down and when you do, you say, “Wow!” To my amazement is that such a page turning story is a debut of the author, Ali Land. A name I will be looking for when I go to the bookstore. Why?

Well, the story is told that Millie had a horrible childhood. Millie tells her own story of an abused daughter of a mother who is a serial killer. Millie turns her mother into the police. She is placed in the home of a therapist and his family. Phoebe is the daughter of the therapist and she is resentful of the attention Millie is getting from her parents. The story takes off from there. I don’t want to be a spoiler. With such a good story, I cannot do that to you. If you love a good thriller, read this. If you love thinking you got it all figured out, read this. Want to find another good author, read this.

This is such a well-written page turning story that all I can say is you must read it. Every page reveals something surprising. And when you reach the end, well, it will absolutely “wow” you as well.

A quote from the book:

The brain of a psychopath is different from most, I’ve weighed up my chances. Eighty per cent genetics, twenty per cent environment.

Me.

One hundred per cent fucked.

Journal Entry 3 by dvg at RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (9/6/2017 UTC) at RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

This is now traveling to T02S03B11D20. I know you will enjoy this read.

Happy Reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 4 by wingT02S03B11D20wing at Springport, Michigan USA on Monday, September 18, 2017

Thanks for the box of books which arrived today. This looks like the one to start with first!

Journal Entry 5 by wingT02S03B11D20wing at Springport, Michigan USA on Saturday, September 30, 2017

Very interesting book. I knew what was going on with some of the things in the book before it was made known, but still a good book. I thought the end was a little vague, in regards to what might happen in the future.